Jennifer was born and raised on Vancouver Island, and has always been passionate about becoming a health care professional. It is in Jennifer’s second nature to help people, and she found the perfect avenue to pursue this desire in a therapeutic environment.
Jennifer focuses on treating the body as a whole, while using specific techniques to accomplish the patient’s goals. She is dedicated to improving a person’s sense of well-being, and encourages the patients to make positive choices in their health and daily lives. She does this by giving them a comprehensive home-care routine of both strengthening and stretching exercises in combination with Massage Therapy.
Her skill set includes myofascial release, muscle energy, deep tissue release, overuse injuries, passive/active stretching, TMJ dysfunction, sports related injuries through prevention and maintenance, motor vehicle accidents, post-surgical scars, and much more.
In Jennifer’s spare time, she enjoys sea kayaking, exploring new hiking trails, travelling, camping, swimming, surfing, and enjoying the company of her friends and family.
Jennifer at a glance.
- Grew up in Victoria, BC
- Graduated from the 3000 hour program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy
- Started her own massage therapy business, “Total Rejuvenation Massage Therapy” while working in a busy spa in Victoria
- Relocated to Nanaimo in order to further build her career as a RMT
- Worked at Knead Therapy, Nanaimo for 4 years
- Knowledgeable with a variety of conditions and treatments related to: Over use injuries that result in inflammation or trigger points; Chronic and acute injuries leading to tension headaches, TMJ dysfunction, fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis and more; postural dysfunctions from myofascial restrictions, post-surgical scars and muscle imbalances; pregnancy, post partum, sports related care including sports injuries, pre and post event massage; and much more.
Education & Experience.
Jennifer began her career as a Massage Therapist in 2011, following her completion of the 3000 hour Massage Therapy program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in Victoria. This program included an extensive knowledge of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pathology’s, Assessment and Orthopedic Testing, Therapeutic Exercises and Joint Mobilizations. She also has her basic level of Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage and has a vast amount of experience in events including
- Municipal Business Licence
Insured and bondable
- Diploma in Massage Therapy, RMT
- Completion of Provincial Boards Exams
- 64 hrs of training completed in Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Completion of Massage Therapy in the Childbearing Year – Part 2:
Labour, Birth and Post Partum
- Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage – basic level
- Training in Hydrotherapy
- Experience working with the elderly in retirement and nursing homes such as Kiwanis Village, Nanaimo Senior’s Villiage, and Berwick on the Lake
- Spa experience
- Experience in multiple events and fundraisers such as Easter Seals Relay, MS
Walk, Sooke 10km, Royal Victoria Marathon, Gorge Vale Open & more!!